Assist. Prof. Dr. Seçil Saraçlı
Ege University, Faculty of Letters
Department of American Culture and Literature
Bornova 35100, Izmir, Turkey
Phone: +90 232 388 4000/1974
Fax: +90 232 388 1102
- Ege University, Ph.D., Department of American Culture and Literature, 1997.
- University of East Anglia, M.A., Department of English and American Studies, 1994.
- Ege University, M.A., Department of English Language and Literature 1993.
- Ege University, B.A., Department of English Language and Literature 1993
- Asst. Prof., Department of American Culture and Literature, Ege University, 1999-
- Lecturer, Department of American Culture and Literature, Ege University, 1995-1999
- Research Assistant, Department of American Culture and Literature, 1991 – 1994
- SAĞDUYU, (Common Sense) Thomas Paine (Translation), Ege University, Faculty of Letters Publications: 124, Izmir, (2004.
- The Other in American Captivity Narratives - Izmir, Ege University, Faculty of Letters Publications: 125, Izmir, 2004. (Turkish) (Amerikan Tutsaklık Anlatılarında ÖtekiKavramı 17. Y.Y.-19. Y.Y)
- The Beat Generation and the American Society - Ege University, 1993 – (MA dissertation).
- Poetics of the Beats - University of East Anglia, 1994 - (MA dissertation).
- A Social History of New York as Reflected in Three Novels: Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, Manhattan Transfer by John Dos Passos and Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote - Ege University, 1997 - (Ph.D. dissertation).
- “A Story of a Native American and a Story Told by a Native American”, Sektion: Literatur als Schnittstelle der Kulturen – Seminar: The Unifying Aspects of Culture, INST, Vienna, 7-9. 11. 2003.
- “Stories Told by Victorian Costumes: Portrait of a Lady, the Piano – Jane Campion, The Age of Innocence – Martin Scorsese”, Atatürk Üniversitesi, Sosyal BilimlerDergisi, Vol 3, Sayı: 31, 1-11, (2003).
- “The Changing Image of the Western Hero: The Searchers (1956), Midnight Cowboy (1969),” INTERACTIONS, Ege Journal of English and American Studies, Volume: 12, Number 12, 61-73, spring, 2003.
- “Psychology of Fear: A Comparative Study on Henry James’s The Turn of the Screw and its Film version The Innocents”, The Journal of American Culture And Literature Shadows that Stalk: Representations of Fear in American Culture and Literature, Hacettepe University Department of American Culture and Literature, Proceedings of the 20th Anniversary Conference, Ankara, 2002.
- “The Others”, (Film Review), JAST Journal of American Studies of Turkey 13, 91-93, Spring, 2001. “1950 Sonrası Amerikan Romanında “Pikaro” Geleneği: Catcher in theRye, On the Road, Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, 1950 Sonrası Amerikan Romanı, Ege Üniversitesi Edebiyat Fakültesi Yayınları: 110, 79-88, İzmir, (2000)
- “News from Somewhere Else,” (with Pete Remington) INTERACTIONS, Ege Journal of English and American Studies, Volume: 12, Number 13, 47-63, Fall, (2003).
- “This bitter power of song”: Hilda Doolittle, Grecian Masks and Poetic Creativity in Women,” JAST Journal of American Studies of Turkey, 9, 51-59, 1999.
- “An Imitation of Melodrama” Aegean Journal of English and American Studies, Vol. 10, 27-41, Izmir, 1994.
- “Sports in American Movies”, Popular Culture(s) Proceeding of the Third Cultural Studies Seminar, 217, Ege Universitesi, Izmir, 1998.
- “Small-town in Hollywood Films” Aegean Journal of English and American Studies, Vol. XI, 125-135, İzmir, 1998.
- Forrest Gump: New American Adam in Hollywood Films, 6th. International Popular Culture Conference, Downing College Cambridge, England, 5-11/09/1999.
Editor, INTERACTIONS, Aegean Journal of English and American Studies
University of East Anglia, English and American Studies Department, Norwich, England, 1991-1993..
USIA Summer Institute on U.S. Society: “The American Experience” New School University Graduate Faculty of Political and Social Science, Transregional Center of Democratic Studies, New York, ABD, 18/05- 30/061999
Çetin, Aycan, “1900-1940 Yılları Arasında Amerikan Resim Sanatı ile Amerikan Şiir Sanatının Şehirleşme Çerçevesinde Etkileşimi” Ege University, The Institute of Social Sciences , Izmir
Göç, Murat, “1990’larda Toplum, Birey ve Ölüm Kavramlarının Amerikan Popüler Kültüründe Yansımaları”. Ege University, The Institute of Social Sciences, Izmir.